Take your summer barbeques to a new level with this Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewer recipe. Marinating in delicious flavors from ingredients like freshly chopped garlic, cilantro, and Sylvia's Kickin' Hot Hot Sauce make this shrimp a must try for this summer! Enjoy this simple recipe with family and friends!
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 10 min
2 lb shrimp wild-caught, peeled and deveined with tails attached
1 cup olive oil
5-7 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoon Sylvia's Kickin' Hot Hot Sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/4 cup cilantro freshly chopped
1 large lemon squeezed
2 teaspoons oregano dried
1 teaspoon salt & pepper or to taste
2 bell peppers cut into square pieces
1 onion cut into square pieces
1) First, in a mixing bowl combine 1 cup olive oil, 5 finely chopped garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of Sylvia's Kickin' Hot Hot Sauce, 1 tablespoon of ketchup, 1/4 cup of cilantro, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt & 1 teaspoon of pepper. Whisk together. Reserve 1/3 of a cup of marinade for basting.
2) Add shrimp, then mix with hands. Cover and let marinate for 2 hours inside the fridge.
3) While shrimp marinates, soak wooden skewers in water.
4) Preheat grill over medium heat & grease the grill grate with oil. Thread shrimp onto skewers with bell peppers & onion, piercing near tail and near the head. Discard marinade.
5) Grill shrimp for 5 minutes per side, or until shrimp is cooked thru, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Serve with Creamy Potatoes. Enjoy!