Chicken and Waffles just got a whole ‘lot more exciting. Sylvia’s Crispy Fried Chicken Mix makes THE perfect crispy fried chicken exterior with a tender, juicy interior. Drizzle the top with Sylvia’s Kickin’ Hot, Hot Sauce and maple syrup for a sweet, savory, deliciously spicy recipe that everyone will want to dig into!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Sylvia's Crispy Fried Chicken Mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup, warmed
- 2 tsp Sylvia's Kickin’ Hot, Hot Sauce
- Cut chicken breast in halves and dunk chicken in buttermilk, then finish with Sylvia's Crispy Fried Chicken Mix first, shaking off any extra flour.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Preheat canola oil in a large pot, etc dutch oven or cast iron skillet. Fry chicken breasts on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes on both sides. Then place the chicken on a sheet pan and bake for another 2-3 minutes or until the temperature is 165F.
- While the chicken cooks, begin to make the waffles. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter and eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until just combined.
- Spray waffle iron with vegetable oil cooking spray then spoon the mix into waffle maker until the surface is completely covered and cook until golden brown according to waffle maker instructions. Repeat with remaining waffle batter.
- While the waffles cook, whisk the maple syrup and Sylvia's Kickin’ Hot, Hot Sauce together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place one or two pieces of chicken on top of a waffle and pour spicy maple syrup over the top of both.