Chipotle Chicken Grilled Cheese is more than just meets the eye–with Sylvia’s Kickin’ Hot, Hot Sauce, there’s a kick of heat in every bite thanks to aged cayenne peppers that makes this the perfect grilled cheese!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Chipotle sauce:
- 1/4 c. Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. seeded and minced chipotle
- 2 tsp. Sylvia's Kickin’ Hot, Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Pepper and Salt to taste
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- 2 c. grilled chicken strips
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 8 sliced Cheddar
- 8 sliced Monterey jack cheese
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Make chipotle sauce, in a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, minced chipotle, Sylvia's Kickin’ Hot, Hot Sauce, vinegar, honey, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make grilled cheese, add grilled chicken breast strips in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate and heat covered with a paper towel on high until warm, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Flip each slice so it is butter side down and spread the top unbuttered side of each slice with 1 tablespoon of chipotle sauce. Top each piece of bread with Cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses, followed by tomato, chicken, and avocado. Close the sandwiches.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low. Add sandwiches and place a lid over grilled cheese to gently weigh down and cover the skillet. Cook until bread is golden and cheese is melted, flipping halfway through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve hot with remaining sauce.