Say yes to these delicious Jalapeno Hush Puppies! Try out this quick and easy recipe made with Sylvia's Hush Puppy Mix. This sharable appetizer will be sure to be new family favorite.
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 15 min
- Sylvia’s Hush Puppy Mix
- 1 small sweet Vidalia onion, minced
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- ¼ c. chives, minced
- 7 oz. cooked deveined shrimp
- 1 c. milk
- 1 egg
- Peanut or Canola oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the shrimp into small pieces and place on a plate or leave on cutting board. Season with salt and pepper and set aside so the flavor can seep in.
- Meanwhile, add Sylvia's Hush Puppy Mix, milk, and the egg and stir. Now add the onions, celery, chives, and shrimp and stir in with a wooden spoon. The batter should be thick.
- Preheat the oil to 350 degrees. Once the oil is ready, use a mini cookie scooper and scoop some of the batter in the spoon and into the hot oil. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and turn to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Sprinkle with a little seasoned salt, if you have it. When ready, eat!