A balanced meal with the perfect meat to veggie ratio. Simple and delicious with a kick of heat.
Prep Time: 40 minutes (includes 30 minute marinating time)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Assembly: 15 minutes
2 lbs chicken breast (or 2 large breasts)
1 large green bell pepper
1 large yellow bell pepper
1 large orange bell pepper
1 large red bell pepper
1 large red onion
½ yellow onion
3 tbsp Sylvia’s Soul Food Chicken Rub Seasoning
3 tbsp Sylvia’s Soul Food XXX Hot sauce (divided)
Juice of ½ lemon
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp salted butter
1 tsp garlic powder
Skewers for assembling
- Slice your chicken breast into large chunks that are all equal size - this will ensure that they all cook evenly. To a large bowl, add the diced chicken. To the bowl, add 3 tbsp of olive oil, 3 tbsp of chicken rub seasoning, 2 tbsp of hot sauce (more if desired) and the juice of ½ of a large lemon. Mix to combine. Let this sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- While it’s marinating, dice your veggies into similar size pieces as the chicken! You want them bite-size and roughly around the same size. Set these aside.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, assemble the kabobs! Begin placing the ingredients onto the skewer, alternating between veggie and chicken pieces until they are full.
- Heat up your grill until it’s hot and ready to go. Place the kabobs directly on the grill. Grill on each side for 5 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked through. Remove from grill.
- In a small bowl, melt 2 tbsp of butter. Once melted, add 1 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tbsp of hot sauce (more if desired). Mix to combine and baste the kabobs with this. This will give them that extra spicy kick! Eat immediately and enjoy!