Meet your new and delicious twist on cornbread muffins. With Sylvia's Golden Cornbread and Muffin Mix and some jalapeños, this recipe is packed with flavor.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Servings: 16 muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (11 1/2 oz) package Sylvia's Golden Cornbread and Muffin Mix
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 1 C)
- 1 C chunky salsa
- 1 C whole milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp chopped pickled jalapeños
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- cooking spray
- 16 thin pickled jalapeños slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Whisk together eggs, Sylvia's Golden Cornbread and Muffin Mix, cheese, salsa, milk, oil, chopped pickled jalapeños, and salt in a large bowl until combined.
- Lightly coat muffin pans with cooking spay. Spoon batter evenly into 16 of the prepared muffin cups (about 1/4 cup batter each). Top each muffin with 1 pickled jalapeño slice.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean, about 24 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter, if needed.