Craving a dessert where fresh apples shine? Classic baked apples are an easy, comforting dessert. No-fuss and quick Baked Apples are a comforting treat, especially on chilly nights.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
- 2 apples (recommended: Fuji or McIntosh)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam, jelly or preserves
- Sylvia's Apple Crisp Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each apple in half along its equator. Using a melon baller, cut out each side of the core, creating a rounded hole. Rub exposed apple flesh with lemon juice. Place 1 tbsp of jam into each hole.
- For the filling: mix in Sylvia's Apple Crisp Mix. Bake until top is golden brown and apple is tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.