A delicious, nutritious, Hush Puppy Panzanella Salad ! This is so good, you will want to have it for every meal, especially when using Sylvia's Hush Puppies Mix!
Prep Time: 15 min
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 C plus 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 3 oz baby spinach
- 1 1/2 lbs heirloom tomatoes (a variety of colors and sizes works great)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced on the bias
- 1/2 C fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 1/2 dozen Sylvia's Hush Puppies Mix
- Combine the garlic, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a jar. Place the lid tightly on the jar and shake vigorously to emulsify. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Spread the spinach out onto a large platter, set aside. Cut the tomatoes into bite sized wedges or pieces and place in a large mixing bowl with the red onion, cucumbers, and basil. Toss to combine. Drizzle 2 tbsp of the vinaigrette over the veggies and toss again.
- arrange the dressed vegetables over the bed or spinach. Nestle Sylvia's Hush Puppies Mix amongst the veggies and drizzle the entire salad with another 2 tbsp of the vinaigrette. Serve immediately with any remaining vinaigrette on the side.