Delicious, fluffy banana fritters! These are so good, you will want to have it for breakfast, snack time, or dessert. Perfect for any occasion and easy to make with only a few ingredients.
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 20 mins
1 2/3 C Sylvia's Golden Cornbread and Muffin Mix
2 tbsp Confectioners' sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
3 Bananas, mashed and sprinkled with 1 tsp lemon juice to keep from discoloring
Oil for deep frying
- Measure, sift and mix all dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the milk and egg; add to the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the mashed bananas. If too thick, add a little milk, and it batter seems too thin, add flour. Batter should have consistency to mound up in a spoon.
- Heat deep fryer to about 375° or add 1 inch of oil to a deep skillet or kettle, and use a deep fryer thermometer to check the temperature. When fritters will cook in 5 minutes, the oil is ready.
- Drop by spoonfuls in small batches. As fritters brown on one side, turn.
- Drain on paper towels. Keep warm and just before serving, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar. Serve warm with maple syrup, if desired.