A succulent assortment of turkey, for the Thanksgiving table! Skip the long hours of roasting turkey. This recipe is sure to please your friends and family.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients:8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary1/2 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
1 teaspoon dried ginger
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Sylvia's Sweet Cookin', Dippin' & Moppin' Sauce
7 to 8 assorted pieces of turkey (legs, breast and/or wings) with skin on
8 carrots, peeled, cut into 3-inch pieces
8 celery stalks, cut into 3-inch pieces
1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a small bowl, make the compound butter by combining butter, rosemary, oregano, thyme, sage, ginger, salt and pepper, mixing together until well-blended.
- Pat turkey pieces dry with paper towels.
- Rub herbed compound butter all over turkey pieces.
- Set roasting rack in roasting pan. Pour broth in roasting pan.
- Place carrots and celery in broth.
- Set turkey pieces on a rack in roasting pan.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Halfway through the cooking process, baste turkey pieces with Sylvia's Sweet Cookin', Dippin' & Moppin' Sauce.
- Loosely cover roasting pan with aluminum foil and finish roasting.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Set turkey aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve turkey pieces with carrots and celery.