Po Boys are a unique sandwich from New Orleans and are wonderful to eat…. for those of us who can’t or do not want to eat meat, enjoy our Cauliflower Po' Boy.
Course: Main Meal
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 40 Mins
1 Head Cauliflower
1 Cups Flour
2 Large Eggs
1 ½ Cup Water
1 Tablespoon Sylvia’s Secret Seasoning
4 Cups Panko or Bread Crumbs
Spritz with Oil to Coat
1/3 Cup Sour Cream
1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Buttermilk or Milk (Use Milk to thin if sauce is too thick for your liking)
Sylvia’s Kickin’ Hot Sauce to Your Taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whip together. Store in refrigerator until ready to be used.
- Mix together the egg, flour, water, and secret seasoning together to create the batter.
- Rinse and remove cauliflower from the core. Cut the Cauliflower into small pieces.
- Toss the prepared cauliflower in the batter
- Scoop the cauliflower out of the bowl with a slotted spoon, shaking off excess batter before coating in bread crumbs.
- Toss cauliflower in bread crumbs to coat.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and spritz with oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Use One soft hoagie roll per sandwich. Stuff with prepared and baked cauliflower, tomato slices, shredded lettuce, and Onions if desired. Top with spicy buttermilk sauce featuring Sylvia’s Kickin’ Hot sauce.