Sylvia's twist on a classic favorite. This Comeback Sauce will take this dish to new levels you won't want to come down from.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Southern Comeback Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise (could be low fat)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Sylvia’s Kickin' Hot Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Sylvia's Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breast
- 1 bag of Sylvia’s Fried Chicken Mix
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Dry the chicken and cut into pieces or strips.
- Prepare three shallow dishes, such as soup dishes, on the kitchen counter.
- Add Sylvia’s Fried Chicken Mix, paprika, salt and pepper to the first course and mix until you get a mixture.
- Add the egg to the second course and beat well.
- Line the chicken pieces first with the flour and shake any excess.
- Then dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg and finally cover again with Sylvia’s Fried Chicken Mix.
- Share the chicken pieces coated in equal parts on the baking sheet and sprinkle with oil the upper parts of the breaded chicken pieces.
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning the chicken tenders once almost done.