Bacon, Cabbage, and Sylvia’s Secret Seasoning: the key to making this winter full of warmth and soul! Our unique blend of spices and herbs transforms this Southern Fried Cabbage with Bacon into a flavor explosion in each and every bite!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 head fresh cabbage
- 4 slices bacon (chopped into pieces)
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped green peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sylvia's Secret Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the cabbage in half to create 2 portions. Slice the core/stem out of both. Then slice each piece in half. You should have 4 smaller chunks of cabbage. From there, slice each into smaller strips. Set the cabbage aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add the chopped bacon. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- Use a slotted spoon and remove the bacon from the bacon. Reserve the bacon drippings.
- Add the onions, green peppers, and red peppers to the skillet. Saute for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent and fragrant. Add in the minced garlic and stir.
- Sprinkle Sylvia's Secret Seasoning, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste throughout.
- Top with the chopped cabbage. Add the cabbage in batches. It will wilt down a ton. Stir to ensure everything is combined. If you are using a small pan you will need to go slow until the cabbage wilts.
- Cover the skillet and lower the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes until the cabbage has wilted and softened.
- Serve with the cooked bacon.