By: Rosalynn Daniels @rosalynndaniels
Bite into the ultimate comfort finger food, Sylvia's Soulful Empanadas! Filled with some of our most popular dishes at Sylvia's Restaurant-- Mac and cheese, collard greens and chicken-- seasoned with our Great! Greens Seasoning to make this an irresistible dish.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 cups Creamy Mac and Cheese
2 cups Shredded Rotisserie or Smoked Chicken
2 cups Cooked Collard Greens
1.5 tbsp Sylvia's Great! Greens Seasoning
10 - 6 in. Round Empanada Dough
- In a large bowl, mix Creamy Mac and Cheese, Shredded Chicken, Cooked Collard Greens, and Sylvia's Great! Greens Seasoning.
- Roll out your empanada dough to about 6 inches.
- Place a good helping of your mixture (about a 1/2c) into the center of the dough.
- Fold dough in half, and seal the open edges by using a fork to press them close.
- Fry each empanada in 375-400 degrees until they are golden brown.
- Sprinkle a little bit of Sylvia's Great! Greens Seasoning on top of empanada.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, then serve.