This Southern Skillet Apple Crisp brings the flavors of the south to your kitchen with tender apples topped with Sylvia’s Restaurant Apple Crisp topping. Finish it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a warm and melty treat!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25
Total Time: 40
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 large organic apples (Red Delicious works well)
- 1 tbsp unrefined organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 8 oz package Sylvia’s Restaurant Apple Crisp
- 4 tbsp unrefined organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 scoop vanilla bean ice cream per person for topping
First, wash, core, and thinly slice 6 large organic apples. (I left the skin on for extra fiber and nutrients!)
Place the apple slices in a cast iron pan with 1 tbsp of unrefined coconut oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Stir in cinnamon and flour, and cook down for about 10 minutes.
Next, preheat the oven to 375 F and prepare the Sylvia’s Restaurant Apple Crisp topping. Pour the contents of the package into a small mixing bowl. Add in 4 tbsp of unrefined organic coconut oil. Use a fork to combine until crumbly.
Then, sprinkle the topping over the apples in the cast iron skillet. Transfer the skillet to the oven, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown.