Try this hearty cornbread casserole as a home-cooked weeknight meal that everyone will love. This recipe is made quick and simply with the help of Sylvia's Golden Cornbread and Muffin Mix!
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 20 min
1 lb ground beef
¼ cup diced onion
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 Cup water
salt and pepper to taste
Sylvia's Golden Cornbread and Muffin Mix
⅓ Cup milk
1 can corn, drained
1 ½ Cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Brown the ground beef and onion until fully cooked. Drain the fat.
- Add tomato paste, water, salt and pepper to ground beef and onion. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cornbread mix, egg, milk and Sylvia's Golden Cornbread and Muffin Mix.
- Grease a 8×8 pan and add the meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover with cornbread batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cornbread is fully cooked.