Everything we love all in one! Serve slightly warm with soups, breakfast, or just butter at any point in the day!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Mins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese divided
- 6 or 8 strips bacon cooked to almost crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce (use a dash or two of Tabasco Sauce instead, if desired)
- 1 bag of Sylvia's Golden Cornbread and Muffin mix
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin well with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Sylvia's mix with the egg, milk, cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for topping the muffins before baking) and the crumbled bacon and stir into the dry ingredients until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 prepared muffin cups and top with the remaining 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or until the tops are slightly golden brown, the cheese is browned and bubbly, and the muffins are baked through (test with a toothpick).
- Let cool in the muffin tin for about 5-10 minutes until removing the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.