Bring a kick of spice and life to your kitchen with these flavor packed Tex Mex Rolls made with Sylvia’s Sizzlin Hot Spice. This sharable appetizer is the perfect mix of crunch, spice, and deliciousness. Enjoy with family and friends!
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 15 min
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cups chicken breasts cooked and diced
1/2 yellow onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon Sylvia’s Sizzlin Hot Spice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup black beans
1 cup corn
1 green bell pepper diced
1 tomato diced finely and dried on paper towel
1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 package egg roll wrappers 24 count
canola oil for frying
Avocado Dipping Sauce:
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1 bunch cilantro
1) Add the canola oil to a cast iron skillet on high heat with the chicken, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder and kosher salt.
2) Stir and cook for 1 minute before turning off the heat.
3) Add in the corn, black beans, bell pepper, tomato, cheddar cheese and cilantro and stir together.
4) Add 3 tablespoons of the mixture to the middle of an egg roll wrapper.
5) Starting from the bottom left pull corner over the meat, then fold the two sides in.
6) Wet the edges and roll tightly.
7) Set a pan to heat with canola oil, about an inch high would do the trick.
8) Add 3-4 egg rolls in them at once.
9) Once they have browned, you can take them out and dry them on a cooling rack or brown paper bag.