Fried chicken meets tacos! This is the definition of comfort food and the best of both worlds.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
For the Fried Chicken Tacos:
1 Sylvia’s Fried Chicken Mix
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tbsp hot sauce
Neutral oil for frying
8, 6-inch flour tortillas
1 1/2 cup flour
To garnish: grated cheese, shredded lettuce or cabbage, sliced jalapeno, pickled red onions, avocado, lime wedges, hot sauce
For the Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup of sour cream
Large bunch of cilantro
Half of a fresh jalapeño
Lime juice (about half of lime, or to taste)
1 tsp of white wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Transfer everything to a food processor and purée, leaving some texture. Add a little bit of water if needed to loosen up the consistency.
2. Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry. For a thicker coating, dip chicken in egg wash ( 1 egg mixed with 1/4 cup water) before rolling in chicken fry mix.
3. Roll chicken in Sylvia’s Chicken Fry Mix or shake the chicken in a bag containing Chicken Fry mix until evenly coated.
4. Fry at 375 F until golden brown or the inside is completely cooked through.
5. Wrap tortillas in a paper towel and then wrap the whole stack in aluminum foil. Bake at 300 F (a little higher is OK, too) until warmed through, or about 10 minutes.
6. To assemble, remove tortillas from the oven, place fried chicken in tortillas and garnish with grated cheese, shredded lettuce or cabbage, sliced jalapeno, pickled red onions, avocado, lime wedges, hot sauce! Pair with the dipping sauce for extra spice.