The scariest day of the year is on the horizon - make these Candy Corn Swirl Cookies with Sylvia’s Golden Cornbread & Muffin Mix! These spooky treats to savor with friends and family have the perfect sweet taste you can feast on all day long!
Prep Time: 20 minutes, plus chilling time
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12-14 cookies
- 1 cup (125 g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp +1 tsp (50 g) Sylvia’s Golden Cornbread Mix
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (50 g) confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Yellow food coloring
- Orange food coloring
- Whisk together flour and cornbread mix in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and well-combined.
- Add the flours and mix again, just until all of the dry ingredients have been completely combined.
- Divide the dough into three equal sized portions. Color one portion of the dough with 2-3 drops of yellow food coloring and another portion of the dough with 2-3 drops of orange food coloring. Leave one portion of the dough plain.
- Shape each portion of dough into a rectangle and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes, until the dough is firm, but still slightly pliable.
- Roll each piece of dough into a sheet approximately 1/2” in thickness. Refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
- Stack the three pieces of chilled, rolled out dough on top of each other and gently roll again, until about 1/2” thick.
- Starting on one end, tightly roll the dough into a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Just before baking, preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and slice dough into rounds 1/2” thick. Arrange on the prepared sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops are dry, but the edges are not yet browned.
- Let cool completely on the pan before serving.